Talking About Race: A Workbook

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The National Organization for Women (NOW) Conference

During the July 4th weekend I had the opportunity to be a workshop presenter at the anti-racism committee at NOW's Conference at The Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers Boston. MA.

As anticipated, it was a wonderful experience.I met so many women who are invested in fostering racial equality in their lives, families and community!

It was a pleasure autographing books and listening to the speakers latest information regarding women in the prison system, affected by domestic violence and concerns regarding their health and welfare.

Dr.LeRoy Carhart, Silvia Henriquez, Amy Goodman,Loretta Ross, Susan Douglas and Nicki Tsongas were just a few of the Conference Speakers and Honorees present.

I left inspired and do want to thank one of NOW's Board Members, Jocelyn "Joyce" Morris, for her extreme kindness in extending the invite to me. To my delight hand-outs were dispersed of my definition of racism, taken from [pg. 115] in my book.

I returned energized, optimistic and eager to get to work with NOW to foster racial equality in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment